From my Etsy Shop...

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I finally have a tumbler!

Oh and it works so wonderfully!!! After attempting to purchase one through Harbor Freight online, I ended up cancelling it. They sent me one that didn't work (the motor was shot or something) so I sent it back and requested another one. But over two weeks later (today), I called and found out it was backordered until late December. After chatting about it in the Etsy forums, I found out we had a store here in Greensboro. Who would've thunk it?!?!? So, after work tonight, I went and got one from the store.

I've already tumbled two bracelets that I sold to a guy I bowl with and I'm now tumbling two rings and Ted's bracelet. Let me just say I don't see how anyone can live without one of these! It's so awesome! It takes the tool marks right out of the rings and shines them up super bright. I'm gonna have to get the jewelry I made for my boss' wife and clean it up for her really good. =)

Well, bowling last Friday sucked. I bowled two 158 games and one 148. It's way off from what I've been doing (I have a 172 average I think), but hopefully this Friday will be much better. I think my problem was the Strike Pot. You can put in 1$ and get a strip of paper with 3 or 4 strikes marked in any given frame for each game. If you get all the strikes marked, you win money. Right now the Women's Strike Pot is up to $4500 and the general Strike Pot is like $7000. You only get 1/2 the money in the pot, but that's still some major bucks. Of course, since I'd been doing so well, I decided to do the pot. When I bought in, I didn't look at the paper because I didn't want to have the pressure of knowing which strikes I had to get. Evidently that didn't help me because I was stressing and trying too hard to get 'em. I didn't do too bad... got 1/2 of what I needed, but of course 1/2 just isn't good enough. LOL Not sure yet if I'll try it again this Friday. But hey... if you don't try, you'll never win. =)

Ted's Christmas party was good. We ate at The Phoenix in Greensboro. It's a mixture of Japanese and Thai food. Of course I had Thai... Chicken with Basil and man was it good. It wasn't very spicey, but it did have alot of flavor to it. It was almost sweet tasting. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occassions, as it is a bit pricey for every day dining.

Tyler's 19th birthday is tomorrow. My baby is growing up so fast and I'm having a hard time letting go. He just got hired where I work, doing 3rd shift on an injection molding machine... full benefits after 60 days. I think that is so wonderful! I may have helped him get his foot in the door, but they hired him based on his great work. He is a hard worker! I'm so proud of him. We're either gonna take him out for a steak dinner tomorrow night or this weekend. Honestly... that's what he wanted for his birthday. LOL

I'm headed off to bed now. I hope everyone who reads this has a wonderful week (and of course everyone who doesn't).

No comments: